Only showing AdDuplex ads?

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Thank you for this control.

I've defined it to use PubCenter and AdDuplex but the app is only showing AdDuplex ads. Is this because of how I've got it configured or because PubCenter isn't returning any ads? Is there an easy way for me to check?

Thank you.

Philip

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

If you listen to the NoAd event of the AdControl you can see if the one of the adproviders is firing a NoAd event. Can you post your Xaml without the PubCenter and AdDuplex PublishedIDs and AdIds? That way I can explain it a little bit better. It could also be because, of the DefaultAdProvider that's set to for example AdDuplex but also the order in which the AdProviders are added to the AdProviders collection. AdDuplex is almost always providing an ad which makes it difficult to test the Ad Rotation.

HTH,

Mark Monster

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Hi Mark

Here is the XAML:

<Ads:AdControl x:Name="AdBasic"
    FallbackAdProviderName="AdDuplex"
    IsTest="False"
    xmlns:Ads="clr-namespace:MC.Phone.Ads;assembly=MC.Phone.Ads"
    xmlns:PubCenter="clr-namespace:MC.Phone.Ads.PubCenter;assembly=MC.Phone.Ads.PubCenter"
    xmlns:Smaato="clr-namespace:MC.Phone.Ads.Smaato;assembly=MC.Phone.Ads.Smaato"
    xmlns:MobFox="clr-namespace:MC.Phone.Ads.MobFox;assembly=MC.Phone.Ads.MobFox"
    xmlns:AdMob="clr-namespace:MC.Phone.Ads.AdMob;assembly=MC.Phone.Ads.AdMob"
    xmlns:Provider="clr-namespace:MC.Phone.Ads.Provider;assembly=MC.Phone.Ads"
    xmlns:AdDuplex="clr-namespace:MC.Phone.Ads.AdDuplex;assembly=MC.Phone.Ads.AdDuplex">
    <Ads:AdControl.AdProviders>
        <PubCenter:PubCenterAdProvider Application="XXXX" AdUnit="YYYY" />
        <AdDuplex:AdDuplexAdProvider App="ZZZZ" />
    </Ads:AdControl.AdProviders>
</Ads:AdControl>

Many thanks.

Philip

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Hi Philip,

Please change the FallbackAdProviderName to "PubCenter" and see if it starts appearing. The rotation is alway first getting the FallbackAdProvider when available.

HTH,

Mark Monster

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Thanks, Mark. That seems to have done the trick. I guess I misinterpreted "Fallback" as meaning the one to use when all others fail.

Regards

Philip

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Hi Mark

I'm resurrecting this thread because my app seems to have gone back to just showing ads from AdDuplex. The XML hasn't changed from when you advised me to make PubCenter the FallbackAdProviderName.

Interestingly, adding InnerActive as the first provider in the list does get results, suggesting that I'm not getting ads from PubCenter for some reason.

Just so I understand it fully, when you are trying to fetch an ad, do you always start at the top of the list and work down until you get one, or is there a way to configure proper rotation between the providers?

Thanks.

Philip
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Hi Philip,

The biggest problem with AdProviders in general is the FillRate. It happens quite often that there's no ad available at all, specially with PubCenter. It depends on the area where you're living of course, but in The Netherlands there are days with no or almost no ads.

When using AdDuplex however, you will notice a 100% fill-rate. At least that's what they advertise. The model is very different to the standard AdProviders though, AdDuplex only has to make sure for every 10 ads, your ad will be shown 8 times.

So rotation will still happen, but if the AdProviders fails to provide an ad it will rotate to the next AdProvider.

Best,

Mark Monster