AdDuplex ads with no network connectivity

May 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I have been doing some testing using version 1.1 of the control and the AdDuplex provider with no network connectivity (actually using flight mode to force the issue) and the AdDuplex ads flash rapidly - it would appear that they are trying to get an ad, failing and then trying again, it appears to go on like this indefinitely.

I have tried putting the AdDuplex control on a page directly and this issue does not appear to occur.

Would it be possible to check that there is a network connection before trying to serve an ad, or some other way to stop the flashing, as I would imagine it would be very distracting for someone using the app.

Thanks,
Rupert.

May 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Hi Rupert,

The flashing is something that's part of AdDuplex, so it will be difficult to prevent.

For the time being you could use the approach I explain here: http://wpunifiedad.codeplex.com/discussions/352292

In the future I will implement this in the control itself.

HTH,

Mark Monster

May 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Hi Mark

Thanks for that, what I have ended up doing was to use the AdError and NewAd events and check to see if there is a network connection at that point to decide if to hide the control or not.  This seems to work in the testing that I have carried out.

Rupert.