None Adverts

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Greetings Mark,

I currently have an application on the marketplace using your control and I see from my analytics I'm getting quite a bit of "None" Ad providers. I currently have it setup so that AdDuplex is always there incase none of my other Ad Providers have any adverts available.

Could you maybe explain how the None Ad provider works? As I would like AdDuplex to be a fallback instead of showing nothing.

Regards,

Leon

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:50 AM

The None Ad Provider is in there to make sure that even when none of the other ad providers have an ad to show there is at least one adprovider that actually doesn't do anything. Are you using the RemoteAdProviderStrategy or the DefaultAdProviderStrategy? If you are using the Remote it would be good to show the AdSettings.xml contents.

Best,

Mark Monster

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Greetings Mark,

Thank you for such a speedy reply. I'm am indeed using the RemoteAdProviderStrategy and the following is what I have configured

<AdCountryDescriptor InitialAdProvider="PubCenter">
   <Probability Value="95" AdProvider="PubCenter" />
   <Probability Value="5" AdProvider="AdDuplex" />
  </AdCountryDescriptor>

I actually see that I'm getting a few "Not Found" Errors with AdDuplex and I'm guessing that this could possibly be why I also have so many None Adverts?

I have sent AdDuplex an e-mail asking them what the issue could be and if they have seen the error before

Best Regards,
Leon

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Hi Leon,

When there's no ad to show in any of the adproviders it will fall back to none.

Which version of UnifiedAd are you using 1.1 or 1.2 (came out yesterday evening)?

Best,

Mark Monster

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM

That probably explains why. I always assumed AdDuplex would have an advert to show, but I must have been incorrect in my understanding.

I'm using V1.1. I actually just saw that 1.2 was released so I'll be updating it now.

Thanks for the assistance

Leon