AdDuplex Message box on new page load

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Im getting the following message when I load a new page "Some element is covering AdDuplex ad control. Make sure the control is fully visible and is not hidden by other elements or animations"

Works fine in the Sim but on the device i get the error message.

I have attempted the following prior to the page load :-
Set Visibility to collapsed
Set IsEnabled to False
Set the control = Nothing

Any Help greatly appreciated
Jun 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Got It Fixed, it only comes up when in test mode, once you go live it wont appear.
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I seem to get that error constantly in two ads I've set up, whether in the sim or live. I can find nothing that's covering the control .

I've wasted too much time on this and I'm ready to forget using it. How did you fix it?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Hi,

If you have trouble with this in the UnifiedAd, try replacing the UnifiedAd control with the AdDuplex control itself. If it's still causing trouble, please post a little bit of you're xaml. Are you sure nothing is obstructing the control? Also Simulator or Device isn't same as Test-mode. Test-mode is something that you can use to test ads, did you try setting IsTest to false?

Best,

Mark Monster
Sep 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I stumbled across this forum by accident while searching for a solution for “Some element is covering AdDuplex...”. I didn’t realize it was an UnifidAd forum. I thought it was AdDuplex.
The behavior seemed the same on the emulator or the device. I could find nothing blocking the ads on two different pages with different XAML; in fact, the ads were displayed just fine as is the PubCenter ads.
But what you mentioned about IsTest solved the problem. I only get the error if IsTest is True.
Doesn’t make sense to me, but it does solve the problem. I assume my ads will get displayed just fine since they were actually formatted by AdDuplex.
Thanks for the lead, Mark. I’ve been fighting this for two days!
- Charlie
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎September‎ ‎2‎, ‎2013 ‎1‎:‎34‎ ‎PM
To: [email removed]

Hi,

If you have trouble with this in the UnifiedAd, try replacing the UnifiedAd control with the AdDuplex control itself. If it's still causing trouble, please post a little bit of you're xaml. Are you sure nothing is obstructing the control? Also Simulator or Device isn't same as Test-mode. Test-mode is something that you can use to test ads, did you try setting IsTest to false?

Best,

Mark Monster