Nokia Ad Exchange

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Blogs/News/blog/2012/10/30/introducing-the-nokia-ad-exchange-for-in-app-advertising/

It is apparently "driven" by InnerActive's platform but I don't know if that means your existing (experimental) support for InnerActive could be reused or if you need to do something else, but it looks like it would be good to get yet another platform ;-).

By the way, what does experimental mean? Are there potential problems with the code or the way the platform works?

Philip

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Hi Philip,

Experimental is because I've not been able to fully test the AdProvider. Most of the time because I haven't seen an ad at all. Sometime I've only seen ads in test-mode.

Best,

Mark Monster

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hi Philip,

I did a small test yesterday, and it seems the SDK is exactly the same SDK. So no differences between native InnerActive and Nokia Ad Exchange program.

Best,

Mark monster

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Hi Mark

In your original blog posting (http://mark.mymonster.nl/2012/02/08/unified-ad-for-windows-phone-part-2-basic-usage), you wrote:

InnerActive can be configured, but I cannot recommend using it in combination of the Unified Ad control. Inner Active doesn’t have any events that can be listened to like: NoAd, NewAd or AdEngaged. And because of this it’s impposible to let it rotate with the other Ad Providers. When you want to configure it though, you can. Copy the App Name and put it in the App property of the InnerActiveAdProvider.

Is it still the case that there are no events? If I've understood what you've written, you are saying that if I use the InnerActive provider, the control will never roll over to another provider if InnerActive fails to provide an ad?

Thanks.

Philip
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Hi Philip,

You're understanding is correct. There will never be a roll over to another provider after InnerActive fails to provide an ad.

Hope this helps,

Mark Monster